Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Cinco de My Oh My


This isn't your ordinary Taco Tuesday! It's Cinco de Mayo! Did you know that the celebration commemorates the Mexican Army's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862?

Yup. Absolutely nothing to do with my heritage in anyway. And probably not yours either. But hey, if good nachos are involved, I'm all on board!

The photo above is from 2007 at my niece Beth's college graduation party, which happened to fall on May 5. Carter on the left and his cousin Anthony are both 9 years old here. And yes, time flies and they are both 22 now and totally can sip their margaritas legally.

Such cuties, though. I miss that age. I say that about just about every age. Until teen years, of course. (No explanation necessary.)

Hubby and I didn't do anything holiday-related today. We worked. Went over to our friend Greg's family's house to carefully deliver hugs at lunch. Then after work, we watched a few episodes of OZARK on Netflix.

Yes, you read that right. We are actually semi-binge watching a show together that is new to both of us! And we both like it. And it's pretty insane! The show, not the fact we agree on TV, but that's rare, too. We're trying to just watch two episodes a night. That'll still get us through all 3 seasons long before quarantine ends.

By the way, we just survived day cincuenta y siete (57) together! Now that's something to celebrate! Salud!

No comments: