Monday, May 25, 2020

Hello, Fake Beginning of Summer


When it's already 74 degrees at 9 a.m., you know it's summer. Or something close to it. It was humid out early, but that didn't stop me from sitting outside to enjoy my morning cup of coffee.


I could've just sat there all day. I mean that's what a holiday looks like. And even though this unofficially kicks off summer, we had no plans for any outdoor fun today because it was supposed to rain or thunderstorm. And it didn't. We got nothing. Not a drop.

So we spent a few hours clearing brush and crap in the backyard and called it a day. It was too warm for us old folks to be exerting ourselves like that! Cool epsom salt bath and a nap in the recliner in the A/C were more my speed. A/C already? Yes...


Look how warm it got! That doesn't always mean an automatic turning on of the air in this house. But when it's windy out and yellow-green pollen is blowing in all the open windows, it seemed like a good call.

Other than a little work, it was a pretty relaxing day. I'm always begging for a day between Sunday and Monday, and now I got one! Thanks. That was nice.

No comments: