Saturday, May 23, 2020

My Wing Man


If I'm not feeling motivated to do yard work on a Saturday, I can always count on another Robyn, er robin, to be a bossy supervisor, er drill sergeant!

Probably good because I worked all afternoon tackling vines and crap in the back yard. If it sounds like I've written that before, I did. Last weekend. I now have another pile of vines and branches and the scratches to show for it.


The next victims will be the vines tangled in the juniper bushes (at right) that also have to go. It's just a neglected mess. Of course, last weekend, I was moving pretty slowly the day after, so I guess I should count myself lucky that it started to rain late this afternoon so I could call it quits.

Besides the scratches, I had something else to show for my time out back. My first wood tick of the season! Now I know it's Memorial Day Weekend. Summer temps. My wing man chirping. And wood ticks embedding themselves in humans.

See, now you can feel all creepy-crawly like I do! At least you didn't go camping, right?

Or did you? Hopefully it's a relaxing fun for you all!

No comments: