Tuesday, February 2, 2021

3 Out Of 4 Groundhogs Say...


Happy Groundhog Day! Only in America do we not only name a holiday after a rodent, but take stock in what he says.

The legend goes that if the day is sunny and the groundhog sees its shadow, it will return to its burrow for six more weeks of winter. No shadow means an early spring.

Well the chief prognosticator Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow out in Pennsylvania so they're having six more weeks of winter. Wisconsin furry forecasters had another story.

Yes, it was sunny here at times today but Jimmy the Groundhog in Sun Prairie didn't see his shadow. Gordy, the resident groundhog at the Milwaukee County Zoo, ventured out of his little house on and did not see his shadow either. And finally, there's Punxsutawney Sylvester...


She did not emerge from my chair to go looking for her shadow.


In fact, she later visited my office and insisted she still hadn't seen her shadow. I say she's telling the truth.

And 3 out of 4 high-profile hibernators can't be wrong. Right? 

Frankly, I'd want to hibernate as long as I could. I better get started!

No comments: