Thursday, February 11, 2021

Oh That's Why it's a Pand-emic


Saw this today and I can relate on so many levels. After 343 days in "soft" lockdown, this panda behavior has become the new norm. Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if I spent the last year snacking on leafy greens for half the day.

That's not how it works. Not on Blue Jay Drive anyway.

I eat like a panda and move like a cat – closer to the "sleeps 22 hours a day" movement more so than the "young and frisky" side.

I was so good the month of January about getting out to walk at lunch time and after work. Probably because January felt like December. Now February is feeling like the usual Polar Vortex that is January. And I hate it.

By the way, it's warmer in Alaska (see you in 123 days) than in the Midwest right now.  We're apparently in a 10-day Arctic blast and these next 5 days will be worse than the past five. Can you say 23 below zero? Oh yes, that's how the weekend will wrap up. 

In other words, I'll just continue to eat like a panda, move like a geriatric cat, and hibernate under a warm blanket like a bear. And Lord help us, this does not become the "new normal" for all of 2021.

Stupid pandemic.

No comments: