Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Shadow Dancing

Well it happened. Sylvester was just laying by the front door, tanning her long legs and bam! According ot my Meow Talk app she said:

"Oh crap. I just saw my shadow! Six days of sub-freezing temperatures are on the way!"

Or maybe it's going to be at least a week.

You don't need to take the blame, kitty. The human prognosticators have already informed us of the arctic blast headed our way. But first, let's get half a foot of snow, shall we?

So Wisconsin Rapids (and Wood County) are in the Winter Storm Warning section with 40 mph winds possible and, you know, 4-8 inches of snow for good measure. Tomorrow would be a great day for a snow day (they are actually closing schools here and not doing virtual) and would have been a great day to work from home.

Ha. Jokes on me there. Adults don't necessarily get snow days now either. At least I won't have the commute in the snow or this lovely cold coming...


Words like "frigid" and "dangerous" pretty much make me want to hop into my warm bed and not come out. For a week anyway. 

Seriously, though, those of us who aren't big fans of winter have certainly been blessed. When I was on my lunchtime walk today – enjoying the sunshine like kitty – I wondered when I'd ever been able to get this much walking done outside during the winter months.

Gotta count our blessings when we can. For now, counting sheep is next on my forecast. 

Be careful out there!

No comments: