Friday, February 19, 2021

Tis the Season

I honestly had some legit grocery shopping to do after work today. I had to get a few things for a little baking on tap this weekend and a few essentials like deodorant – you'll thank me later. Luckily I took a picture of my list on the fridge, because I got easily distracted the minute I walked into the store.

Seriously. Already? I guess Valentine's Day is over so we move onto Easter but dang, just two days into Lent and I'm having a hard time remembering I was going to focus on making healthy choices. There are so many unhealthy choices in those 3 boxes! 

But oh, so yummy!

Why are the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs so much better than the regular peanut butter cups – miniature or otherwise – and those shaped like pumpkins and Christmas trees?! I do not know. But I do know I'm not alone on this. Here's a few funnies I'd bet most of you can identify with...


Super breakfast with lots of protein, if you ask me!


I'll give you a free pass if you have peanut allergies, of course.


You know it! I help the Easter bunny fill the baskets to ensure we have plenty of "leftovers."

And in this ongoing pandemic... 


That last one alone should give me a free pass. But I don't need one. Yet. Today, I resisted. No special treats of any kind. Even though I walked past the ice cream case a few times. Somehow resisted that, too. This doesn't sound like me at all. I should probably get tested for that virus that gives you Will Power.

Pretty sure it won't last in my system as long 40 days. Any time I've suffered a bout of Will Power before, it's usually been short-lived and always quite unsatisfactory. And in the end, all I can hear is the clock ticking...


Good luck this season! Be careful, avoid viruses, and have sweet, sweet dreams!

No comments: