Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Another Countdown


My internet is behaving badly. Well, very, very slow, at least. So I'll keep today's blog short and sweet while I still have a connection.

Today was an exciting day for one of my favorite golf courses and for my work company (which owns and operates it). The USGA announced that they chose SentryWorld, in Stevens Point, as the host site for the 43rd U.S. Senior Open Championship. 


I'm beyond exited about this. After volunteering an the U.S. Junior Girls Championship in 2019, I couldn't wait to work another one and had high hopes it would be at SentryWorld. Yay!

And for it to be the senior tour is awesome for a golf geek like me. Hubby and I have been golfing and watching golf for decades. It will be amazing if we get a chance to see some of our favorite golfers in action. Freddie Couples, please be my birthday date in 2023!

Lots of planning will be set into motion now that it's official. Not sure my involvement but I'm excited nonetheless. It's also nice when we're setting here in below zero temperatures that we can have something warm and summery to look forward to.

Lord, please return the world to normalcy long before these next 868 days are up. (But who's counting?)

No comments: