Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday Night Cruise


With a Round 1 Regional bye Tuesday, our Lady Royals proved their No. 1 seeding and took Round 2 opponent in a landslide victory tonight, 75-29. Poor Greenwood. They headed home and our girls cruised into tomorrow's Regional Final. 

Assumption will host No. 2 seed Loyal Saturday night. That'll be a tough matchup. I took a few photos tonight (just a few hundred) and tomorrow night I'll probably be too nervous to get any in focus. 

I don't know why I get nervous. Probably because I love high school sports and just enjoy seeing kids I care about succeed. I dislike senior year because there's going to be a "last game" at some point. And when they cry, I cry. Hopefully they'll keep winning so I have an excuse to get out of the house, too!

Even with our landslide win, I still shed some tears. The girls had an appreciation ceremony of sorts an hour before the game. The players each picked someone they wanted to thank for being an influence in their life and supportive, etc.

My sweet Lydia invited me. She gave me a bag of sweet treats and a letter that brought a lump in my throat! She's the best. I should say she is one of three of the best. Her older brother and sister – both graduated now – are pretty fantastic, too. Great kids. Great family. And easy to love right back.

Sometimes we get lucky that way.

Other times, like tonight's victory, takes skill. Hope they can put another show tomorrow night. Let's go, ladies!

No comments: