Sunday, February 21, 2021

Sunday Smiles

In unusual turn of events, I had plenty of reasons to smile on a Sunday in the winter. Usually that's reserved for summer time!

Today, though, it was "nice" by Wisconsin winter standards. Temps around 22 degrees and no wind made for a pleasant walk around Lake Wazeecha. Saw this smilie face on a big rock and it reminded me that yes, we have reasons to smile today.


Nice walk and I got to try out my new mittens I just got in the mail from my back-home bestie Jules. Since we've known each other since junior high, it's a safe bet to make me mittens that have some purple in them – and a nod to Assumption's Royal Blue, too! She sent them to since she can't join me for Camp Crop-A-Lot next weekend. This way, I can take her with me on my / our walks! Thanks, dear. Love them! 


The other fun today was wishing my Aunt Gwen a happy 92nd birthday in person. Well, kind of in person. Our cousins set up a Zoom call at their house so she could SEE people giving her birthday wishes.


Even got to sing Happy Birthday and see her cake. Sweet! Thanks for setting that up, Carolyn, Laura, and your young, tech-savvy family members. That was nice!

The rest of the day was spend getting my scrap together for next weekend. If I'm going to state basketball Thursday, I pretty need everything set to go by Wednesday night. I'm pretty much set to go. As usual, if I don't remember details about something, I just check my blog. Thankfully I've been doing this for nearly 14 years. Might be time to retire from it and actually finish my scrapbooks. That sounds like a lot more work, though. I'll just keep plugging away and smile at the completion of each page.

Hope you found a reason or two to smile today. Based on the forecast of above-freezing temperatures here, we might even make a habit of it!




No comments: