Sunday, February 7, 2021

Easy Like Super Sunday


When it come to Super Bowl Sunday, you kind of have to go into the day knowing that, even if you're not hosting or attending a party somewhere per usual, it's still gonna be a waste of a day.


Throw in subzero temperatures. All. Day. Long. And really, who wants to do anything? Not me.

I watched church online, called my mom, and tried to be productive through early afternoon then, bam, in my recliner with an anchor tied to my backside for the next 6 hours or so.


Watched an exciting Sunday afternoon finish to the entertaining Phoenix Open. Then, since hubby was off to golf himself (indoors), I made Caribbean Jerk Chicken Strips in the air fryer and sat down for football and the second half of my bonding time with Mr. Recliner.

I could claim he kidnapped me, but I wouldn't want anyone to rescue me. It's sort of like New Year's Day. We earn that one day to sit around a do absolutely nothing.

I didn't have a vested interest in who won the game. Usually I'm trying to just match "my numbers" on boards at a party. That was back in pre-pandemic times. This year I just wanted the score to be close and the commercials entertaining. I would have said enjoyable halftime show, too, but I'm getting to the age I don't recognize all the songs by halftime artists. If I've heard of them and know two songs I consider myself still young-ish.

The game itself wasn't that exciting. I had predicted a close game with Chiefs winning by 3 after Brady falls short on a 4th-quarter comeback. So everything opposite of what I "thought" actually happened. Remember that for Vegas next year, friends. 

There were a few noteworthy commercials. I liked the M&M's commercial (sorry your name is Karen) and the "2020 was a lemon" one and this one...


... which says "Good night and sweet dreams" to me. Good thing I stuck it out and didn't switch over the Hallmark movie.

Good night, Boss.

No comments: