Monday, February 1, 2021

333 Days of Our Life


You knew it was bound to happen, right? Work at home long enough and you're going to get sucked into some drama. Of the daytime variety, that is.

Not to out my hubby, but yeah, he's the one who started it. I just happened to stumble upon him one day during lunch. I was so shocked, you'd think I caught him watching something worse than Days of Our Lives

I guess we're of the age where our moms were home more when we grew up. They watched their "stories" every day and we, in turn, got hooked on a few in college. It's just the natural progression.

During my childhood, my mom liked All My Children and I think she watched One Life to Live after that. Or was it As the World Turns? I watched Young and the Restless in the summers. In college, I watched Days of Our Lives and General Hospital (that usually worked better with my class schedule). 

I don't think I've watched any soap opera since the early '90s. So naturally I didn't recognize many faces on the current cast of Days. After a few weeks of me walking past the living room every other day and asking "Who's that?", I was told I could sit and watch if I wanted to know.

Ain't got time for that! 

Well, 333 days into soft lockdown at home and guess what? I still don't have time for it, but I can tell you everything that's happening. It's only when certain story lines pique my interest that I pay attention. Right now, there's a few. In fact, I actually sat down after dinner tonight and paged back through the NBC guide and watched today's episode. 

333 days and this is my cry for help.

But don't intercede until I know that Charlie gets arrested for rape and kidnapping and the whole Jack-Gwen-baby momma saga gets straightened out. Oh and Ciara gets rescued (wait she's kidnapped, too). Then I might as well keep watching until Eli and Lonny's twin babies are found and rescued from their kidnapper.

Dang. I wonder if I've been kidnapped this whole time and I just dreamed there was a pandemic. I mean Jim had a myriad of angles to chose from. 

But reality tells me he would have released me on day 3 if he could have! No joke.

No comments: