Sunday, January 31, 2021

Homemade Treats


I must have been hungry on my early afternoon walk around the lake because when I caught a glimpse of this, I was immediately thinking Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Only with the inside being peanut butter. And some tasty white frosting on top. 

Yum, right? 

In reality, just Mother Nature's homemade treat. But it still made me hungry for Little Debbie snacks. Probably best there weren't any in the house.

The other treat from Mother Nature today was above-freezing temperatures and little snowfall. Still had to shovel, but Mr. Snowblower rests another day. So do the rest of us. 

Sunday is the day of rest and that summed this one up. Besides shoveling and walking, there wasn't much. A little bit of golf on TV and whole lot of picture organization in my Scrap Cave. Now that January's over, it's less than a month to Camp Crop-A-Lot. Will be working on 2015 and 2016 books that weekend. Every time I feel like I'm catching up, like that wasn't THAT long ago, I realize I'm still 5 years behind! Guess I did have hobbies I could have turned to in quarantine.

Instead, according to my scale, it looks like I turned my attention – and mouth – to waist-widening homemade treats. Baking is so calming in a pandemic, though. Right? 

Still, I'll blame you, Little Debbie. 

No comments: