Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Cat's Meow


It was the strangest coincidence last week. One day hubby mentioned he wished he knew what Sylvester was saying because she's so vocal now. (Must be a typical old age / lose your filter type thing.) Then the next day on the noon news they were talking about an app for your phone that can interpret dog barks. As an aside, they mentioned there's a cat one, too, called Meow Talk.

They weren't even to commercial break before I was downloading that. I couldn't wait to figure our girl out. I honestly followed her around for days. The result? She will not make a sound when she sees that phone of mine getting close to her. And if she's howling down the hallway, as soon as I pop my head out, she stops. The challenge is that you have to be really close to the cat to pick up her sound so the app will "translate" it. 

I finally hit pay dirt when she was trotting into Jim's office and she didn't know I was standing there. Any guesses what her meowing meant?


I laughed out loud. Very loud. Oh my gosh. Of course this is what she's saying. Jim is her human!! She can't be more than 3 feet away from him most of the time. My love?! Who writes this stuff?!

Anyway, I'm thinking maybe it's best I don't know what she's saying to me – especially when he's not around. Whatever it is, I'm sure there's not any filter!

If anyone gives it a try, I'd love to hear what your cat is saying. I'm not giving up... until my feelings are hurt. Ha.

No comments: