Thursday, January 14, 2021

Cold Turkey

You gotta call "same seats" in this neighborhood. Otherwise, when you're off flying around practicing your V formation someone's going to take your spot. Like these jive turkeys who are squatting in the field – just brooding – while our wintering Canadians went out to lunch.


Thanks to a little of sunshine and crunchy snow, I couldn't sneak up them. So most of my shots (camera, no guns) were focused on the corns stalks by accident. Still, I got a few decent shots.





Mass exit here. Yes, turkeys can fly! Maybe it wasn't the goofy photographer they were fleeing. They might have heard the Canada geese returning. They can't resist that "Honk if you love corn" bumper sticker. It gives them away.

They were definitely once again the "geese a-laying" in the field when I walked by after work. We'll see who shows up tomorrow when they might have to dig through some snow. Supposed to get 3-5 inches here overnight but if the local birds haven't taken flight, I'm skeptical.

Plus, like my feathered friends, I don't have any place to go anyway!


No comments: