Saturday, January 30, 2021

Chillin' and Grillin'


Nice "warm" day as far as temps go – you know, 30-ish degrees – but that wind was Wicked with a capital W.

Still, my neighbor convinced me to walk around the lake. That whole mile stretch on the north side was facing into the wind as we walked east. I'm always layered up enough that I'm comfortable and not too hot – that can happen when you walk at a good pace. Today, I actually wore a scarf for the first time!


Thanks to my lifelong Luck friend Julie for giving me this scarf a year ago or so – a perfect wind block – then teaching me how to crochet, too. I blame her (and thank her) for getting me hooked on hooking. In the yarn and crafty sense.

I was tempted to start a new crochet project after I warmed up from my walk, but I thought I should get something productive done. I did neither. Pretty much went the lazy route. And I'm not ashamed.

Since the weather was still mild, we grilled yummy cheese and jalapeño burgers on the grill tonight. Now that tasted like summer! Yum!

Unfortunately, snow is about to visit here soon. Should get 2-5 inches only. I say only because down in Carter's neck of the woods they got 8 inches last weekend and are predicted to get another 4-8 inches overnight. 

Don't feel bad, anyone. This is what we woke up to two years ago today.


A "ReelFeel" of minus 57 degrees?! Just reading that make me shiver. Think I better go crank up the mattress pad! 

Stay safe and warm, everyone!

No comments: