Saturday, January 2, 2021

Hooked on Purple

Today's yarn-spiration is brought to you by the color purple. Of course it is. Seriously, though, our purple tree is still so pretty by the front deck that I'm thinking of the color more than usual. For a Vikings fan, anyway.

So when I decided to make a blanket for sitting in the recliner or for half of the bed when the covers disappear, I looked to purple. And few other colors mixed in.

Started last year – that's only Wednesday because I'm hilarious – and finished up last night. And I like it!

And no I didn't follow a pattern. I still don't know how. I just made it close to twin-bed width, then just double-stitched back and forth. Is that cheating to hardcore hookers? I don't know. Still kind of new to this hookin' business.

And yes I used multi-color yarn so, yeah, that's probably cheating, too. 

But I'm not bothered by it. I was glad it turned out better than the brown-and-white desert camo lap blanket I did last month. And I was glad I took the time to do something for myself. 

Of course, the more I look at it, the more I think my mom would love these colors, too! Might have to do another one in my free time. Because, unfortunately, it looks like 2021 will bring plenty of that.

#HookedOnCrochet #PandemicsR4hookers

No comments: