Wednesday, January 13, 2021

On This Day


The history books – and my blog – will tell you about a few notable events today.

First, in legitimately a solemn moment in U.S. history, the House of Representatives voted 232 to 197 today to impeach President Trump. As one news source put it: This came exactly one week after rioters forced lawmakers to flee from the very chamber in which they cast ballots in the fourth presidential impeachment in U.S. history – and the first time a president has been impeached twice.

I just feel like maybe 2020 is laughing at us and saying, "Oh, you thought I was tough to deal with? I've got nothing on 2021." Hopefully I'm wrong, but this year is starting off on a wild, unfortunately historic note. 

Just pray for peace. That's all.

On a positive note, even though Mr. Independent was only home 24 hours (not kidding), he was here long enough to open his new mail and...


On this day in history, it was officially confirmed he's a college graduate! Yay. Now go find a job. (For the record, parents never stop nagging, er supporting, you.)

And lastly, of course, it should be noted that this author is closing in on 10,000 steps for the second day this week. I was just a little too relaxed after my massage after work, so I'm gonna have do some laps around the house now to get there.

My side of the bed should be warmed up just in time. Like most days. Not just "on this day"!

No comments: