Monday, January 4, 2021

New Year's Re-Entry

There's nothing quite like the re-entry to work after 11 days out of the office. I tried to follow the steps above to help my efforts.

First of all, I did check the alarm last night. I just didn't recognize the "new" sound when it was going off this morning. Hubby nudged me a few times before I realized what was happening. At least I still remember how to hit the snooze.

Number two was easy since I still could just cross the hallway to get to work. I'll admit I logged on yesterday, though, for this exact purpose. Glad I did because there was way too much work piled up for me to waste time sifting through emails today.

The third step was the tough one. First challenge was that I had changed my password right before vacation. They always expire at inopportune times. Thankfully I wrote it down (I can do that in my home office!) Then I had to remember what I was working or what I promised to work on "after I get back." Yikes.

Then there was that one task today where I was clueless. I had been shown how to do this specific video-editing process maybe early December for one project. And for the life of me, I could not figure it out today. With some hesitation, I raised the white flag and got my quite tutorial. This time I took notes. 

So I'll know what to do the next time I go back to work after a long holiday weekend... You know, in 147 days. Oh Memorial Day, you might as well be 2 years away!

Welcome back to the daily grind, folks.
 

No comments: