Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Well Shake My Fat... Tuesday

Cheers! It's Mardi Gras somewhere! I don't always observe Fat Tuesday, but when I do, you can bet I give it the same grand-scale effort as my Fat Monday and Fat Wednesday! 


Today, for example, I put on my Mardi Gras mask and beads for our morning staff meeting. After 347 days in the home office, you find ways to have fun with Zoom! Of course, I made it clear that I earned all those beads by 8:30 a.m. by showing people ... typos in their work. What were YOU thinking?

Rest of the day was comparatively boring. But after my trigger-point, deep-tissue shoulder and back therapy after work, I knew I had to take action.

A Shamrock Shake is one way to put the FAT in Fat Tuesday! Not as thick and tasty as I recalled. And no, it's not COVID-related loss of taste. It just wasn't the triple-thick mint magic of days gone by. And why was there no cherry on top? I mean I always threw it away, but keep something consistent from year to year.

Don't worry friends, I powered through it. Lent and pre-Lent is all about sacrifice.

I also sacrificed, er spent, two hours of time tonight in a church council meeting. I only gripe because it interferes with basketball playoffs. (Sorry, Jesus.)

I couldn't watch our Assumption boys play their first regional game – and last game of the season as it turns out – in person because my meeting was exactly the same time. I did sneak a peek on my phone and saw they were basically tied or close to it right up to the end. Port Edwards won by 3 points. Grr. Sorry, boys. 

So now I'll finish my second day in a row of fake holiday celebrating with a hot, epsom salt bath. Don't want my muscles waking up with any post-Mardi Gras regrets tomorrow. My tummy will have that covered.

Hope you all found a way to shake up your Fat Tuesday!


No comments: