Saturday, March 5, 2022

A Bit of a Whirlwind


When you're blessed with a rainbow on your way to the airport, you know you're going to have a safe trip home. Thank God.

It wasn't so much our flight from Phoenix to Minneapolis that had Mom and I worried. It was our hopes to beat the impending ice storm in Minnesota and Wisconsin. 

We sort of have had a Mom relay to get her up to Grantsburg. I gave her to brother Ron via curbside pickup at the airport Then he gave her to sister RoAnn who met him in North Branch, Minn., and she got her the rest of the way north and home. All while I was driving in icy rain headed east, but lucked out after Eau Claire and Osseo with dry weather and decent roads.

Got home at 2 a.m. and woke up early enough to go to a funeral visitation for my friend's mom. Then hit the road with hubby to get up to Wausau for the sectional final game. The Lady Royals are going to state for the second year in a row!! Whoo-hoo! 

Didn't have time to linger as we had dinner plans in Rozelville at the Buck-A-Neer Supper Club with one of Jim's college roommates. Very nice visit with Big Guy and his wife. Drove home in rain and fog. Lots of fog. Glad Jim drove. I didn't need another stressful drive after last night! And we may get anything from a thunderstorm to hail and twisters tonight. Who knows?

Got home safely and I'm exhausted. I need to get through pictures from today but also need sleep! No wonder people say they need a vacation after a vacation just to rest. Pretty sure I'll be following the Sunday is a day of rest rule tomorrow.

I might have time to dig up some vacation highlights, too!

Be safe out there!

No comments: