Sunday, March 27, 2022

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (and Anyone Else)


This is what my Sunday of rest looked like. Sans the dog, of course. But yea, I finally had an empty day on the calendar and 3/4 of us slept in today.

Jim got up early, went to church, then headed to Green Bay to celebrate a birthday of an old college friend. I slept through church – I mean the time it was going on, not literally in the back pew. Then I didn't do much of anything else. Carter and Mamie didn't either.

We did get out of the house to deliver card tables to Carter's old babysitter for her upcoming garage sale. Mark you calendar for April 7-10. Follow the signs on 80th Street between Church and Mill avenues. If we manage to get some items together this week, it will be a small fraction to what will be there at this annual multi-multi-family sale!

It was a nice visit, too! Dropped the kids off and got groceries. Then turned on NCAA hoops and watched the clock strike midnight on the St. Peters' Cinderella story. Darn. My bracket was busted after Day 2 so I just was cheering for an underdog. Meanwhile, Jim as 3 teams in the Final Four. I never pretended to know even a teeny tiny percentage about sports compared to him!

Tonight, we might catch part of the Oscars. But I don't think I saw anything nominated. And if I'm going to keep my day of rest going, maybe should got to bed early. With a good book. Always better than the movie, if you ask me. (Sorry, not sorry, Oscar.)

Hope you had a relaxing day – or were busy doing what you love1

No comments: