Monday, March 21, 2022

You Know What to Do


I was marginally disappointed that we had a lot of clouds and on-and-off rain showers here today – and the temps dropped down to mid-40s. I mean I still got steps at lunchtime. Just got a little wet.

Then I see this graphic tonight and think, "What? I was cold and Carter was in the 70s zone? No fair!"

Just goes to show you that even though we're in the same state, we are not in the same state of mind or experiencing the same state of affairs. 

Sort of like life. 

You don't know what people – even friends or loved ones – are going through unless they specifically tell you. A lot of times, though, you might ask how things are and they say, "OK." Instead of "My dog died last month and I still miss him" or "I'm worried about my aging parents" or "My kid is getting bullied and I can't help her" or "I'm still scared about getting COVID."

Instead, a lot of times it's just easier to say, "I'm fine."

Are they? We truly don't know, do we? But we know what to do, right?

Be kind. Just be kind. 

And maybe carry an umbrella.

No comments: