Saturday, March 19, 2022

Vic-Tory Valentines

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow – or all 3 – was going to prevent us from celebrating Valentine's Day. Well my gift to hubby anyway. I got tickets to Vic Ferrari's Symphony on the Rocks concert because our friend Kat is the lead female vocalist.

And she used to sing with Jim in swing choir. 

Yup, a longtime friend that I've gotten the privilege to know over the years, too! 

After enjoying fish fries at the nearby Great Dane Brew Pub, the stage was set for a fun night. 


I got tickets in the front row of the balcony so we could see everything – because to see violins, cellos, and brass accompanying a rock 'n' roll band. Very, very cool!

And Kat is so cool and so talented! Those boots, though! Wow. The whole band is talented. This is their 35th and final year together so I'd encourage you to see them if you can this summer.

Afterward the classmates got to catch up a few minutes before more adoring fans whisked her away for a photo of her in her boots. They definitely wanted those. What a rock star.

On the way home – while snowing and raining – we were listing to the very close Badgers game on the radio. Got home with 3 minutes and 13 seconds left of the game! 


Just in time to see them win and move on in the NCAA tourney. Victory!

By then, it was too late for this old lady to blog. Got up at 8 a.m. today so I could go to book club. Great that all 6 of us were there today! Then after lunch, I went to a bridal shower for my friend Brenda's future-in-law. Nice time! And before you ask, of course I won one of the games. Yup, even at bridal showers I'm competitive!

This afternoon, since it was actually sunny and in the upper 40s and the snow we woke up to was melted, I took a walk/run and got to meet a few of the new neighbors.


There's so cute! And they actually came up to me – not at all like that princess in this house.

Though she might pay attention to me tonight. There's only so much college basketball a girl can take!

No comments: