Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Preaching to the Choir


It was fitting that during our Lenten service tonight our pastor closed her sermon with Psalm 150:

Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
Praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
Praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

Because all of us who've been on a hiatus from choir (thanks, coronavirus) still have breath. And we want to sing. And tonight we could.

Had our first choir practice in two years. I've defected from Alto Land into Soprano Land. I honestly can't get as low as our altos and as high as our super sopranos, but I'll settle in nicely somewhere in between. And I'm OK with that.

And it was great to see the "gang" again. And have 7 new members. Wow. Inching up to 20 now. We're just going to do Good Friday and Easter for now, but I'm excited. Dusted of the old Casio keyboard and we'll see who I can annoy in the house first.

Hey, I'm praising the Lord. There's no need to do it quietly. Or in tune right away.

No comments: