Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Roar of the Lion

I'm hearing what may be the month of March going out like a lion. Or it's thunder and that also sounds like March is roaring to an end. Either way, March had not equated to spring.

March showers don't count because this rain is mixed with ice. Yay. And then tomorrow we'll get a little break before up to 5 inches of snow drops on north-central Wisconsin. So since it feels like winter, I did what I do in winter.

I baked. My famous butterscotchy goodness Hornet's Next Cake. Famous in my Magic Blue Pan circle anyway. 

Carter asked what I was baking it for – because I usually bake for some pot luck or something so we don't eat the whole thing. Well, let's consider it a pot luck in our office building! Don't you wish you worked here?

Also, here's the recipe if you want to know how easy it is. I think it got its name because of how it looks when it's baking. Especially when topped pecans. Looks like a swarm of hornets. And it smells soooooo good when it's baking, you gain 2 pounds before it's out of the oven.

Hornet's Nest Cake

  • Mix: 1 package butterscotch pudding and 2 cups milk
  • Stir in: 1 yellow cake mix. (Stir about 50 times. It'll be a bit lumpy.)
  • Layer the pudding cake mixture on bottom of greased pan.
  • Top with: 1 package butterscotch chips and 1 cup chopped pecans (or peanuts)
  • Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

We may or may not be holding office hours on Bluejay Drive tomorrow. Follow your nose.

No comments: