Saturday, March 26, 2022

Forever Young at Heart


We went up north and back today so we could celebrate Mom's birthday. One of her cousins recently came across the photo on the left – that's my mom in 1st grade! Never have seen any photos of her that young so that was neat. The middle photo is Mom as a teen or young 20s. That one I used on her party invitation. And the one on the right is from today.

She makes 90 look good, doesn't she?

And 90 was the magic number today as there we 90 family members at the party. Relatives on both her side and my dad's side – plus her kids and our crews. Very nice time. A few photos...


Mom with her grandkids – just missing Matthew and Timothy today!


And Mom with her grands and great-grands. Was excited to meet my new grand-niece Millie today too. She's peeking out from the lower left.


And then there's us 8 R's. Yup, Rayna flew home from Arizona so we could all do this for Mom. 


And her twinsies. I guess even at 50+, we're still her babies! I'll take it!


Here she is with her cake – decorated by one of my cousins' granddaughters. Amazing job. Definitely made it a complete family affair.

Except for the Elvis sighting...


It doesn't take much encouragement for anyone in my family to get goofy and have some fun. Again, feeling blessed I inherited that sense of spirit! Age is definitely only a number. She'll forever be young at heart.

And thanks to my family and many cousins who came today. It really made for a special day for a special lady.




No comments: