Saturday, March 12, 2022

Silver Linings


It was a tough day. I mean we had a nice, sunny (but zero degrees) drive back to Green Bay. But those sun beams weren't shining on our Lady Royals today. Spoiler alert: They lost to Randolph in the state championship game.

It's always a tough low after riding the high of emotion after winning yesterday to get to the final. But they fought hard against a very skillful, undefeated team. Plenty of height and strength. We just weren't a match for them. 

On the plus side, they still get a shiny object to bring home! Was hoping for the gold ball, but I do wear mostly silver jewelry. Either way, we're one of the 2 top D5 teams in the state. That's better than 119 teams! Hang your heads high, girls!! So much to be proud of. 

It's been a fun season. I kind of don't want it to end. But now I don't have a reason to pick up my camera for 24 days. My hands and shoulders will probably appreciate that.

P.S. Yep, I know I was on TV today. I know I accidentally walked in front of the camera. My mother called me before I was out of the gym. But not to scold me. She just said it was nice to see me!

No comments: