Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Fat Tuesday Fun

I'll admit I didn't realize it was Fat Tuesday today until my sister Rayna came out wearing a Mardi Gras t-shirt. It's a favorite holiday of hers. But the first time celebrating it without Paul. So we had to make new fun.

After working a half day, we all headed to the pool. 

And I had the sun right where I wanted it... on me! It was a superb day for that!

We did put the fat in Fat Tuesday by going to get a Shamrock Shake and later. Pizza at Organ Stop Pizza. 

In between, we tooled around looking at rocks. Well, the beautiful, unique scenery that makes up the Tonto National Forest - though not many trees.


Just so many cool rock formations and cactuses (cacti?).


Put on some miles going as far as Superior and Miami!

When we came back down the mountains, we took Mom to our favorite pizza place, known more for its wurlitzer than good food. 


If it was a true Mardi Gras, we would've thrown beads at this guy. He was that good.


Instead we stuffed our faces with pizza..


And toasted a successful Fat Tuesday!

Came home and toasted a 3 to 13 card game victory over those two. And Rayna had the last Mardi Gras laugh, winning the rubber match in Sequence. 

Pretty sure the most tame celebration in her books. But I was grateful to be a part of it!



No comments: