Friday, May 6, 2022

Back in My Element

It feels good to feel good and finally be released from the house! And there was no shortage of catching up to do when it comes to spring sports. As it happened, just about all of them were happening yesterday. And I ended up covering one I haven't done yet in my photography years: Track and field.

And now I know why. There's so much going on at the same time. Yes, track AND field. So you almost have to clone yourself to get pictures of everything. Which I didn't since I couldn't pull off that feat. Still, I got a ton of pictures. Thank goodness, since it was all the way up in Stratford and the remaining meets are even further away.

I forgot that track meets are endless. Hours and hours. Which means I got a bonus sunset anyway! Got home at 9 p.m. I decided yesterday to take today off so I could get those pictures done AND do a little supply shopping plus bake Little Monster Cookies for the kiddos before their trip. 

Done and done and they headed to "independence" late this afternoon. I decided to shoot some softball and baseball today so I wouldn't have to think about my slightly breaking heart. 

That proved to be a great distraction. The softball game was going well (and they later won) but then I heard baseball was only down 4-3 in the 4th. With one victory under our belt, I knew I had to get over to that in case they made a comeback.

And what a rally that was.

Going into the last inning we were down 8-4. Thankfully, Athens sort of ran out of pitching. So we got some key walks to load bases and score a run or 2. The last batter was faces with loaded bases and an 8-7 score. We needed not 1, but 2 runs. No pressure.

Somehow Jack K's hit got past the third baseman and two of our guys scored. Game over. Royal victory!


There was much rejoicing from the players and the fans. And that extended to Ida's for fish fries and fun. Oh normalcy feels so good.

I won't take that for granted again! Be careful out there.

And, go Royals!

No comments: