Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mom's Day


Happy Mother's Day! I found a card with the above sentiment and sent it to my mom. I knew I'd get one of two reactions. She'd either think it was funny or she'd apologize for making me split the beaters with my twin – and only after scraping off as much batter as possible.

I got both reactions. She found it hilarious and apologized for not letting us lick the bowl more when we were kids. I'm like, "Mom, we're all old, fat and sassy so we turned out just fine." She did appreciate the humor. And she had time with a handful of her nearby kids between yesterday and today.


My brother even took some "senior photos" of Mom at a park when it was so nice yesterday. Thanks, Ron!

Today was not nearly as nice. Cloudy, a bit rainy and windy. So I declined hubby's offer to take me golfing for Mother's Day.


I did, however, let him make me Eggs Benedict for breakfast. (His Mother's Day tradition for me.)


And let him gift me with some gorgeous orange-red roses!


And, after eating pizza at his parents' house with his sister and brother-in-law, I let him buy me a small Thin Mint Blizzard on the way home.

So yes, it was a happy Mother's Day for me! 

We also finished watching the final final episodes for Ozark. I did not like parts of the ending, but I won't spoil it for anyone still watching. And tonight, we'll just chill out before our busy week. 

I should say, busy SPRING week. It's going to warm back up with temps in the 80s even. I'll have no excuse but to get back out in the backyard and finish digging my roots and stumps. Unless Mr. Deck Chair calls, of course. Ha. It's already a great week and it's only Sunday.

Hope you had a joyful Mom's Day, too!

No comments: