Saturday, May 7, 2022

Things are Greening Up

May 7th and it finally felt like spring on the weekend! Our green-eyed princess claimed she's too pretty to do housework or yard work. So she relaxed all day while hubby golfed in a 27-hole tournament and I played the part of Cinderella. By choice.

I'm not playing the "woe is me card," the timing just fell right that I was doing some tough work on Mother's Day Weekend. Things ARE starting to green up so I needed to tackle some shrub and stump removal before we get too far along in spring. And definitely before backyard snake season. So far so good on that one!

I wasn't planning to dig up rock today but they were underground from some landscaping before we even moved here 2 decades ago. Uff da. So yes, it was tough on the body. But I wisely stopped after a few hours and treated myself to a hot epsom salt bath. That's what we do when we're 50+. Then I was so tired, I took a little nap, too. Also what we do when we're 50+.

This evening, Jim and I went over to some friends' to sit around a fire pit and b.s. for a few hours. It felt so good to sit down!! And it was just nice to see people and visit.


I was impressed by this hollowed out stump they put on the fire. Just geekin' out with pictures. You know me! And fire felt good as it cooled off from high 60s down to the low 50s. 

Pretty sure we'll both sleep good tonight. And since it's almost midnight, I better get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin. 

No comments: