Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Bloomin' Good


I can't believe that it's taken all of two decades, but this is the first time ever that these two lilac bushes in our front yard have bloomed! Ever!

Even though they were just little shrubs, we still took care over the years and years to mow around them, not over them. Though more than a time or two I thought we should just get rid of them. They're defective!

Good thing we're loaded with patience! 

(That's sarcasm.) But really, what a treat to finally see them and, more importantly, smell them. We're big lilac fans here. Hopefully I can bring a few flowers in so the house smells nice, but I'm scared I'll kill the plants! 

After all that hard work and waiting, maybe I should just steal from the neighbors like the "old" days. 

Be careful out there! 

Don't forget to stop and smell the lilacs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lilacs are beautiful everywhere this year! Just full of blooms!