Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Just Sitting Around Watching the Sunset


Wildfires in New Mexico are causing some hazy skies and pretty sunsets here in central Wisconsin. I took these pictures tonight at the soccer field. My last pictures of a two-day photo spree. Hey, it's spring and in the 70s. You gotta make hay and shoot pictures when you can!

Yesterday I covered the Royals middle school softball game since I hadn't given them any love yet. Then walked over to the high school soccer game, where our Lady Royals continued their undefeated dominance beating Wausau Newman. It took them all 7 innings this time, though.

From there,  I headed over to baseball. When I left the softball field, our guys were down 6-1. In my short drive over, we rallied and tied at 6-6. Of course, I got there and must have brought bad vibes or something because we ended up losing 11-6. Ouch.

From there, I went over to the soccer field where our Lady Royals beat a tough Amherst team 3-1 and maintained their undefeated status, too. We've got some hot girls teams this year!!

Today, I shot the Lincoln baseball game. Wanted to catch one of my fave seniors in action before he's done forever. And another friend's son who's having a hot year. It was tied 1-1 when I left during extra innings. Rapids ended up losing by 1 in 11 innings. Uff da. 

I would've stuck around but wanted to get over to Lincoln soccer to take pictures of one of the girls whose younger sister plays for our Assumption team. Logan didn't see much action because she was in front of our goal and Merrill didn't make their way down there much. Lincoln scored 3 goals in the first 3 minutes and were up 6-0 at halftime. 

That's when I took these sunset pictures, then headed home.






I had to make one stop at IGA on the way home to get coffee creamer and a few things. When I was checking out, the "kid" at checkout asked me if I was 55 years or older. Insert a "what the ??" face here. I said "Nope, I've got a ways to go." Then went home drowned my sorrows in the ice cream I bought there. NOT at a discount.

On the plus side, I did get home in time to get a call from Carter. He and Mamie arrived safely in Denver last night and really like their place and, of course, love the mountains! 

So, all is good from here. Nothing much happening, per usual. I need to get to bed!

No comments: