Friday, May 13, 2022

The Out Back


I had ambitions after work today. I wanted to go out back get more yard work done. I honestly didn't know it was THIS warm out until I called it quits. Because, well, I was hot!

This is the BEFORE of what I was facing. See all those roots and stumps to the left of my new pile of heavy underground treasures (aka landscaping rocks from 2+ decades ago)? I needed to keep working on it since things are blooming everywhere.

And this is AFTER. So I did make progress! I still have more to do that will have to be for another day.

While I was out there, I was pleased to note that my bleeding hearts I transplanted last year came back! 


The only non-black thumb thing I think I've ever accomplished! Except for managing to keep hanging flower baskets thriving.


Didn't get my hanging baskets yet, but I do have a few wildflowers growing in the Out Back as well.


Mother Nature must know I like purple! 

After that fun work out, I showered and got some groceries and now am watching the Celtics-Bucks game in my air-conditioning. Jim had baseball up in Abbotsford this evening (tough 8-2 loss) but he should get back in town in time to catch the end. While most of the state is chanting "Bucks in 6," my lifelong Boston fan is praying for "Celtics in 7!"

We'll see who this Friday the 13th is unlucky for.

Be careful out there!

No comments: