Thursday, July 14, 2022

A Good What Spoiled?

Golf is a good walk spoiled. 
– Mark Twain

Mark Twain is credited with saying that "Golf is a good walk spoiled." Did you know Robyn Austin is credited with saying, "Work is a good golf day spoiled"? At least I got to be in and around it for work today. Now Robyn is the one spoiled!!

We've started the countdown to the 2023 U.S. Senior Open. And by "we" I mean the folks at SentryWorld, where it will be played, and us folks who work in and around and for SentryWorld. 

Today was a media preview day to get excitement rolling, now that the 2022 one is done and it's only 349 days to the next one. My job today, and it was important, was to serve as a tour guide of sorts for the TV guys who needed to shoot some "B roll" (background/filler video) on the course. I took them to the hot spots – which of course included our famous Flower Hole with the 33,000 flowers blooming around the green.

I also got to serve as guest sportscaster for a Milwaukee station. Well not really, but the sports guy grew up close to Luck, if you can believe it! (Rice Lake for you back home readers.) 

And if you watch another Milwaukee station and the Brewers, you might recognize this guy. 

Why yes, they are all good looking. And you know I have thing for sports reporter types. I mean I'm married to one, after all!

Oh yeah, and the focus of the day was next year's event, what we're planning, and who will win this trophy. Can look. Can smile. Don't touch!

Then it was back across the street to the office to work all afternoon while my new friends played. Good for them. We can't wait to have them tell everyone how amazing I am as a tour guide – I mean how amazing the course is for this prestigious event.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. And I love it!

By the way: If you haven't signed up to volunteer OR want to get in on early bird ticket sales, visit here

No comments: