Saturday, July 30, 2022

Special Visit-R

Got a special visitor for the weekend. In attempt to escape the Arizona heat, my oldest sister is spending a month or two in the Midwest. Today was my turn on her tour! And it was hot and muggy, sorry.

She rolled into town shortly after noon. Oh not in this truck, thankfully. This was part of our afternoon agenda. A party at our friends' place in rural Rudolph (if that's a thing), where they have a ton of Americana-type memorabilia on display. 

When we saw the milk cans – which always remind us of Dad – we thought, here's an example that some people who hoard, er collect, things actually do something with them! 


Well done, Lars and Ashley! So glad I finally got to see it! And you and the family of course. And Rayna got to meet Carter's FORMER babysitters (not OLD sitters) as well. Turns out they went to high school with Rayna's friends who she was just visiting in upper Michigan. Small world all around!


From the party, we continued up to Marshfield to watch Colin race. Glad I took a few pictures of his car during the early heats because it was after 10 p.m. before his feature race was going. Crazy. He had a hard-fought finish for 6th. Like by a nose (or less)! Pretty exciting.


Made for a long night, though. It's midnight and we need rest IN CASE we want to do something tomorrow. Or we can just sit around and relax. My oldest sister has threatened to sit on my lap to keep me in place if I try to do too much.

NeveR miss with an R sisteR!

No comments: