Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Hap-Bee Hump Day


Someone in my family thought I might appreciate this sign! I won't name names but... she was born 9 minutes after me! I'm kidding. She saw it said she wouldn't dream of putting a bee in my bonnet, so to speak, by buying this for me.

And I'm not quite over it.

My right ankle is still a bit swollen but not as bad as Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. And thank the good lord – all of your suggestions – I can finally sleep at night! What did the trick?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think a combination of my "Sting Operation" here!

On day 2, finding the lidocaine helped some and slathering the heck out of my lower leg with good old anti-itching cream. My cousin had a suggestion about marking my sting with an X and slapping it. I think that actually popped the stinger out. Is that not weird? Something came off anyway. Then I applied the other stuff. And kept applying it. And kept applying it.

For days on end, it seems.

Today we're down to morning and afternoon anti-itching cream. And we're good.

Pretty sure I'm done with outdoor chores for the summer. Mr. Deck Chair was chastising me, reminding me that I don't get stung (or see snakes) when I'm hanging out with him. Thank goodness, he talked some sense into me with half the summer still remaining!

Bee careful out there!

No comments: