Monday, July 11, 2022

Par-Fect Rain

Move over, Rain Dance. I now hold the power of rain clouds in my hand. No fancy moves. No rhythm required. I just need to make a tee time and BOOM, it rains!

There is scientific proof behind this, believe me.

Yesterday, hot and sunny about noon. So I call my friend Marigene and we set a tee time at 4:20 p.m. Just as I'm picking her up at 3:45 p.m., it starts to sprinkle. Then rain harder. Then downpour. Oh, and don't forget the lightning. So we sat in the clubhouse at TriCity and pondered the wait. Decided to head home.

Fast-forward 24 hours. 

I was asked to sub today in ladies league at The Ridges. And, as it happened, Jim, Casey and Clay were teeing off there right before league started. Perfectly sunny and 80-some degrees when we left the house. And when they teed off. And when my ladies' foursome teed off.

We made at through 3 holes and it was clouding up fast. Two of the ladies got severe weather alerts on their phones. Two of us didn't. So we played onto hole 4. Was just about to chip onto the green when the sprinkles started. And, like yesterday, quickly turned to a downpour.

And the golf course siren went off, indicating it was time to quit and seek shelter. Luckily we were close enough to a bathroom/vending area with a covered area in front that we could fit two foursomes and keep us dry. Well, we were already wet. Keep it from making it worse.

It was coming down hard. Look at those puddles! After awhile, it let up enough that we could ride our carts back to the clubhouse and call it a day. Jim and the boys were already inside, enjoying drinks and appetizers. I guess they'll use their "rain checks" on Saturday.

I'm not sure when I'm using mine, but I'll let you know so you can plan accordingly. I might just start a side business. Your yard looking brown? Call me. I'll make a tee time. Your crops looking droopy? Call me. I'll make a tee time. Your hanging flower baskets hanging lifeless? Call me. I'll make a tee time.

For the right price, I'll take your requests!

No comments: