Saturday, July 2, 2022

Yard Workers


My intention today was to do as little as possible. Just sit on my swing with my morning coffee and watch pretty birds...



And lazily watch the rest of animal kingdom hustle around and work. Eventually I had to join in.

Didn't help that I was staring straight at that "landscape area" (I use that term loosely) straight ahead. After that snake went in there 2 weeks ago, I haven't dared. But, since I had absolutely no plans for the day, I guilted myself into it.


I did work hard pulling vines and weeds from that area, plus right in front of the house, and yes, the dreaded back yard. Who else was working along side of me?

This bee was busy doing something something with his flower date.

And I wasn't the only hard-working Robyn! Look how much of a potential nest he or she is carrying.


Not sure how they could see to fly, but they flew off without dropping a "branch."

And Mr. Squirrel was working super hard at hiding his prized walnut or acorn or whatever. 


Oh there's a good hiding spot – right in the middle of the yard. Duh.


He was a digging maniac. Covering it up and like a cat rakes up litter.

Off he goes. "Nothing to see here."

Checks back to make sure no one followed him. Look at that left arm. It's like he works out or something.


Sylvester wasn't impressed. Naps are a much better way to spend a free Saturday. I agreed after seeing these two "ghosts."


This one I saw on my own free will.


This one scared a scream out of me when the rake caught it and I thought a snake was flying at me. Whew. It's just a skin. Apparently my back yard is clothing optional now.

Pretty sure that's not going to entice a crowd. Until every part of Freddie and Frankie are gone!

But there's still two more days of the weekend if you wanna come over!

No comments: