Friday, July 8, 2022

Ye Olde Southern Rock


Some times when the opportunity presents itself, you just gotta go on a little adventure. We headed down south tonight to hear some southern rock. And by south, I just mean Wisconsin Dells. With a stop at Mo's Bar north of Adams for dinner.

Our destination was the Crystal Grand Music Theatre to see the Marshall Tucker Band. For their 50th anniversary tour! Not only was the band's music classic, but so were its members. The band was led by original vocalist Doug Gray. His voice isn't as strong but the musicians were phenomenal. When's the last time you saw or heard a flute in a rock band?!

We had great seats for our friends Mark, Lisa, Jim and me. Second row!

We got to hear their biggest hits "Heard it in a Love Song," "Can't you See," and the closer "Fire on the Mountain," but there were a few I wasn't familiar with. I mean the band is on their 50th anniversary tour and I'm only on my 50-something tour around the sun!


You could tell they love what the do. And we just loved having a Friday night double-date night.

Got home just in time to turn into a pumpkin, too. 

Have a good weekend, y'all!


No comments: