Friday, August 12, 2022

A Walk in the Woods

One of the joys of taking senior pictures is that sometimes you see friends you haven't seen in ages. Like we had to wait until their son or daughter was about to graduate to see each other. Silly us. 

Had fun tonight reuniting with one my former kickboxing buddies. We called ourselves the Wonder Twins and haven't seen each other since well before the pandemic. Gwen's daughter loves the outdoors so we met in a wooded (very wooded) and wet (very wet) park area in Adams County.

All of our shoes were soaked about 3 minutes into the walk. I'm guessing the mushrooms like the dampness, but we weren't so sure.


There also wasn't much of a path anywhere so at one point I figured I better take a selfie so my phone would have a location if we never emerged! Not that I'm a worrier or drama queen!


Anyways, Morgan was what you'd picture for a woodland sprite. Adorable! And super talented like her mom. She knit this scarf and a sweater she wore later. We had a blast catching up and trying not to fall over logs or into holes or get too many pricklies on us.


Failed in that part. You can see in this Wonder Twins reunion photo that we both have green dots on us. Not your usual prickly things, more sticky like press-on fingernail stickers.

See what I mean? I'm making progress in picking them off. But it was totally worth it. My shoes will dry. The stickers will come off. And I'll re-live our fun walk in the woods!


No comments: