Monday, August 22, 2022

Swinging Fore a Good Paws Cause

Mondays get a bad rep. Mondays are awesome when you're not working and you're swinging FORE a good PAWS instead!

Today was the inaugural fundraising golf scramble event for the Wood County K-9 Fund. It was cleverly called Swing 'Fore' Paws.

And we were swinging for guys like Ace here and other fur buddies in the department. I knew a few of the organizers and they've been working on this for about a year and frankly, it showed. We could tell by all the sponsors and volunteers and crazy amount of raffles and other prizes that they put a lot of hard work into this.


And one pretty big sponsor as well.


My foursome today was Sue, Pam and Jackie – who I golf with on Mondays when I sub for the ladies league at the Ridges. So last Monday we had a scramble. Then I had scrambles Wednesday and Saturday with league in between. Yup. Fifth time swinging in the past 8 days. 

And shooting.

Oh yes. On one of the holes we could shoot our drive out of a cannon-type gun. Let me tell you, that's the way to get decent yardage! Can't say I've ever done that before but I definitely would do it again!

And the weather was super gorgeous, too. Just a really fun day off, that's for sure.

I didn't stick around long enough to see if I won any raffles since I had book club at 5:30. (Priorities!) Pretty sure I didn't win anything. Also pretty sure I've never shelled out more 20-dollar bills in a week's time than this one with all these scrambles and raffles and stuff. Good causes, but dang. I need to spread them out more.

On the plus side, I bet I'm gonna sleep good tonight! 

Probably dream about big slobbery sweeties! 


No comments: