Monday, August 1, 2022

Fore Better or Worse


Wow, it's already August. I'm going to pretend that doesn't mean summer's almost over. I mean technically we're only about halfway there, aren't we? Hope so. I have more summer things to do!

Worked today per usual. Rayna was on the road before we were even up so I didn't have the excuse to take an early lunch for time with her. Darn. After work, I subbed in the Monday night women's league at The Ridges. It was interesting...

We had a shot-gun start at 5:30 for a Worst/Best scramble format. I had never heard of it and I'm guessing maybe you haven't either. This is how it works: Everyone in your foursome drives the ball and you must use the WORST drive. Everyone moves to that spot and hits. Then take the BEST shot. Continue alternating worst and best until the the ball goes in the hole. Always start with the worst shot. Got it?

It was a bit confusing at times. And it definitely took longer for our round. Like almost 3 hours for 9 holes. A little crazy there. I was only bummed because I was golfing pretty stinkin' well tonight. But that didn't matter when we had to hit the worst shots half the time. But who cares? It was a gorgeous evening and I was golfing.


Visor hair. Don't care. We had a lot of fun! And got home before dark. OK, maybe there was some sarcasm there. Hopefully the next scramble I'm in I do as well – and it counts. Especially since... checks calendar... I have three in August! 

Hello, August. Let's PAR-tee!

No comments: