Saturday, August 6, 2022

Just Poppin' Around


This is so fitting today. First because the temperature was 88 degrees or so and the humidity was 880% or so! Oh, and also, we had our first corn on the cob for the season. 

You know you're a non-farmer from Wisconsin when you buy your corn off the back of a pickup truck parked at a saloon. And yes, we recommend what they're selling at Johnny's. Good and sweet. Yum!


I really am surprised I didn't see corn popping today. So hot and humid! I think I mentioned that. 

When I saw the weather forecast this morning, though, my biggest concern was seeing the 100% chance of rain pretty much all day Sunday. So after going to the funeral visitation for my friend's 20-year-old son (heartbreaking as expected), I got to rearranging the rest of my weekend schedule. 

Stock car races were canceled for tonight before noon so we knew we weren't going to Wausau to watch Colin tonight. Looking to Sunday evening when it's still supposed to still be raining, I had a senior photo shoot on my schedule. Luckily, the boy was able to do it last minute late this afternoon and we beat the rain. Almost melted, but we beat the rain.

And it wasn't a bad way to spend 90 minutes. I swear all these senior boys this year could be models. I think I mentioned that before, too. Ha. Tough job. Glad I'm the somebody who's gotta do it.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. The thunder is rumbling now so I know my flowers are starting their happy dance! 

Be careful out there.

No comments: