Sunday, August 21, 2022

Out West and Back


After a 522-mile round trip in the past 24 hours, I'm a bit tired. But it was worth it, as always. This was our view last night heading west about 8 p.m. Because of course we had a golf outing first!

Hubby had the unenviable task of carrying us three women in Assumption's annual football scramble. We're pretty sure that he didn't mind too much since we were all singing his praises after just about every shot on every hole. At one point he said, "I don't need groupies!" 

Good thing we were there for fun and not to win it. And it was a blast. And we were all super thankful that the predicted rain stayed away all afternoon! 

After the dinner, Jim and I stopped at home to clean up a bit, feed Sylvester, and hit the road. We knew our family reunion/Christmas in August was 4 1/2 hours away so we wanted to try to get more than 3 hours into the trip so we didn't have to do all 9 hours of driving in one day. Not that we haven't before. Made as far as Taylors Falls, Minnesota, at about 11:30 p.m. and stayed in a dive hotel there. At least it only left a one-hour drive to Mora this morning!


So my sister Rayna and I – the two long-distance ones – co-hosted family Christmas 2022, timing it when she's at the tail-end of her Midwest summer tour (away from the AZ desert heat) and when my nephew Tim and his family were visiting from South Dakota. We had it a restaurant in Mora (a Swedish city) where we had our December celebration last year. It's convenient to have a private room with a buffet and no on has to haul food.

Very excited that every sibling of mine and every niece and nephew – including a great-niece and great-nephew both less than a month old – were there today EXCEPT the two 24-year-olds: my son Carter and my great-nephew Anthony. Whoops. So glad to see everyone, especially meeting the new ones!


I'm Kloey and I can smile!


I'm Nils and I can sing!


I'm Millie and I just turned one year old yesterday!

Here's a few group pictures of the people you've seen a time or two or 22...


My brother and 6 sisters and me. I literally am the black sheep of the family. Ha.


Adding Mom to the mix. 


And here are Carter's cousins – my 10 nieces and nephews. All grown-ups now! Not necessarily mature, ha-ha, but adults. And I love them fiercely!!


And here are my GREATS!! 10 great-nephews (one missing) and 6 great-nieces. I am soooo blessed!

I've mentioned before there's a town in Sweden also called Mora. So there is a Swedish presence in the Minnesota version. This flag and a much larger-than-life-size Dala horse!


After our lunch, we all went over to the park next to it to horse around. (Had to say it!)


Got a picture with my twin and travel partner to Sweden 4 years back!


And it was just a beautiful day in the park! Lots of places for the kiddos to play.


And the rest of us to try and visit a little with each person there. Never quite works that way. I think I got some nice pictures with my real camera too. But it's bedtime and I'll check those out tomorrow.

Got home at 8:30 tonight and it already feels way past our bedtime. Will have sweet dreams of the sweet blessings in my life. That's for sure!

No comments: