Thursday, August 18, 2022

Blind Squirrel League


Wearing glasses since kindergarten, I can confirm that I was close to nearly legally blind when I had lasik surgery years ago and my eyes went from 20/400 to 20/20. So it's no surprise I have since gone on to prove that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Yes, of course I'm talking about my inconsistent golf game. Which surprisingly has been on the up-swing this week. Pun intended. You know me.

My game is inconsistent except for the consistent double-bogey theme which keeps my 9-hole score in the 50s. However, my blind squirrel side gets pars now and then and tonight in league I finally broke the seal and dipped down into the 40s. Doesn't matter how far down, just that the first number is a 4!

Did a little happy squirrel dance over that.

Hope I can keep the momentum going for my 4th golf outing this week, which will be the Assumption Football Scramble on Saturday – which also happens to be the day they predict rain and thunderstorms, darn it. 

Mother Nature, you should know not to mess with the squirrels!

Be careful out there.

No comments: