Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just breathe...

So glad you enjoyed our guest blogger. Unfortunately, he has a mound of homework tonight so you're stuck with me again. He promises to make guest appearances when he has something to share. (I don't think you'll get him 'fessing up about girls, though!)

This has been one heckuva week. What? It's only Hump Day? Sigh...

Today at about 3 p.m. I let out a big breath -- sort of like when you let the air out of a balloon and it goes flying. Not that loud and obnoxious. Just a breath in, a breath out. It felt like the first time in days I was breathing. The stress that had been building since Sunday finally started its release.

I won't pretend everything is hunky dory now, but at least this week's three major projects for work are done. With our recent "headcount adjustments," I am absorbing the workload of two former staff members. I thought optimistically, no problem. I can handle this. Thankfully, I have an awesome team still on hand. I cannot do this alone. And I am not going to try.

On the homefront, there are still a lot of issues. Our new tenant got in trouble at school yesterday and is already on Day Two of a "three-day vacation." You can read between the lines, I'm sure. What a challenge. What a frustration. Thankfully, in this case, too, I am not handling this alone. My hubby is handling the bulk of the burden to the best of his ability. And we are both trying to let our anger seep out slowly so it doesn't burst like a balloon.

Just breathe... in... out... in... out... Some days that's all we can hope to accomplish. Thankfully I learned a thing or two in Lamaze.

No comments: