Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh, baby!

I was holding off on blogging yesterday, hoping for some baby news that didn't come until today.

Early on in the day Wednesday my friend Jana had this "feeling" she was in labor. She wasn't in pain or anything -- just had some symptoms similar to when she gave birth to her first son nearly 4 years ago. When I left work last night, her husband, who admitted he couldn't possibly know anything about labor, said he just didn't think it was time. (Part of that might have had to do with the fact they didn't have the name finalized quite yet -- though they knew it was going to be a boy.)

I don't have the details yet of what transpired after working hours, but at 2:22 a.m. today a healthy Charles Edward was born. Charlie.

I was telling Carter at breakfast that I hope I get to see her today. "Oh, so she can work?" I quickly had to explain that I hoped to see them at the hospital -- that she wasn't going to be back at work today already -- though Jana is so dedicated to her job, I wouldn't put it past her.

I don't expect a 10-year-old to understand labor. He thinks one day he was in my tummy, and the next he was out. Of course, I look at him with such love in my eyes, I sometimes forget there was any pain.

I bet Jana will refresh my memory later!

No comments: