Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Up in Arms

While I was visiting my parents this weekend, my nephew Zachary stopped by. Zach, who runs his own farrier and horse-training business, asks Carter if he wants to go with him to pick up some wood. Carter respectfully declines because he wants to go with Mom and Grandma to garage sales.

This is the point I am actually embarrassed but we couldn’t convince Carter to change his mind. Later, in some last-ditch attempt to prove his manhood, Carter challenges Zach to an arm wrestle (or maybe it was the other way around). If you watch Zach’s face in the videos, you can see he really enjoyed this!

Below: Carter gives it a valiant effort.




Below: Carter tries one more time to "pin" cousin Zach, this time using two hands. Unfortunately, he loses twice as quick!




Zach later confessed he can bench-press twice Carter's weight so really Carter didn’t have a chance, but I was glad he was willing to try something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! When did Zach turn into a man? Ok. I realize that I may be in denial about our age and that I freeze people in time, but that is just disconcerting to me! Alright, I'm over it. I am accepting that I'm 40--and so will you very soon!
Jules